Update an Inspector/Technician License

Change of Address and/or Name

Licensees must notify BAR within 14 days of a change of address and/or name.

To report a change, complete a Change of Address and/or Name form.

  • California Business and Professions Code section 27 requires BAR to post certain licensee information on its website, including a licensee’s designated address of record and any enforcement action taken against a license.
  • Licensees who wish to withhold their residence address from BAR’s website may provide a post office box or work address as their address of record. A mailing address must also be provided to ensure important BAR notices concerning license renewal or disciplinary action are received.

BAR’s license print feature provides licensees the convenience of self-service license printing, eliminating the need to wait for the license mailed by BAR’s print vendor or request a duplicate/replacement license.

Print your license 

Cancel a License

To cancel a license, complete a Cancellation Request Form.