File a Complaint
The Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) mediates and investigates complaints related to automotive repair transactions between auto shops and consumers. If you have concerns about a shop’s work or service and cannot resolve those issues with the shop's management, we encourage you to file a complaint.
BAR has jurisdiction to mediate and investigate complaints involving:
- Auto repairs and services
- Smog Check inspections
- Tire repairs or installation
- Repairs performed by a tow company or storage lot
- Extended warranty or service contract disputes involving automotive repairs performed by a new or used car dealership
- Unlicensed and fraudulent activity
Notice on Collection of Personal Information
BAR collects personal information only as allowed by law. For detailed information, please see the Notice on Collection of Personal Information.