Business Information Updates for Automotive Repair Dealers

As a reminder, an Automotive Repair Dealer (ARD) must report any changes to its business name, address, or corporate officers within fourteen (14) days to the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) by completing the Change of Name/Address/Corporate Officers form. This form can also be used to report changes to the primary and/or secondary business type, such as auto body, air conditioning, or transmission repair. The Change of Name/Address/Corporate Officers form is located on BAR's website at

However, any change in business ownership or ownership structure (e.g., changing from a sole proprietorship to a corporation) will require a new ARD application, station application if applicable, and payment of appropriate fees. Any change in the members of a Limited Liability Company (LLC) also requires a new application and fees.

Printable Version