Warning! BAR's website is experiencing technical difficulties. Access to certain services, including Find a Station and the
Consumer Assistance Program application, may be temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.
Smog Check Manual and Reference Guide
- 2017 Smog Check Manual
- Smog Check OBD Reference - provides a summary of pass/fail standards for the On-Board Diagnostic
(OBD) test portion of a Smog Check inspection and instructions for inspecting and repairing vehicles with known OBD test difficulties.
- Smog Check Reference Guide
- contains information pertaining to the operation of a Smog Check station, such as licensing requirements, repair cost waiver, and
equipment maintenance. The Appendices in the Guide also provide advisement related to aftermarket emission parts, alternative fueled
vehicles, and engine changes.
- Smog Check Requirements by Vehicle Type
- specifies Smog Check requirements by vehicle fuel type, model-year, GVWR, and OBD II components.