Required Headlamp Equipment for Lamp Stations
Lamp stations must meet, at a minimum, the following equipment and material requirements (per California Code of Regulations Title 16 §3316):
There are two classes of lamp stations- Class A stations and Class B-limited (BL) stations. Class A stations must be equipped to test, inspect, adjust, and repair all lamps and related electrical systems on all vehicles. Class BL stations must be equipped to test, inspect, and repair all lamps and related electrical systems on all vehicles, except motorcycles. Additionally, Class BL stations are limited to the inspection and adjustment of vehicles 80 inches or less in width, equipped with lamps using traditional aiming pads.
ALL stations (Class A and Class BL) MUST be equipped with:
- A voltmeter and other tools necessary for proper lamp servicing.
- A current version of the bureau’s Handbook for Lamp Adjusters and Stations.
- All appropriate and current lamp adjustment standards, specifications, directives, manuals, bulletins and instructions issued by motor vehicle and lamp manufacturers that are applicable to vehicles for which the station adjusts lamps.
- Service manuals and operating instructions issued by the manufacturers for all headlamp aiming instruments, machines, devices and equipment used by the station.
Class A Official Lamp Adjusting Stations:
- Must posses an aiming screen or an optical type headlamp-aiming machine. Class A stations also may use mechanical type headlamp aiming machine and related calibration equipment in lieu of an aiming screen or optical aimer; however, the mechanical aiming equipment is limited to lamps with aiming pads.
Class BL Official Lamp Adjusting Stations:
- Must posses a mechanical type headlamp aiming machine and related calibration equipment.
Note: All equipment for aiming headlamps and auxiliary lamps shall
be approved by the bureau.
Headlamp Aiming Equipment
The following list is informational only, and does not constitute an endorsement by BAR.
|AC||T3 Type H (Model G2 Transit)|
|Atlas||140 (Model G2 Transit)
|Blackhawk||AL 10L - AL 10R|
|American Aimers (formerly)
Hopkins Manufacturing Corporation
|B4A (With built-in Transit)
Lev-L-Lite B4 (Model G2 Transit)
Vision Pro II
HU-6 Calibrating fixture for Hopkins type aimers listed above.
U7 Calibrating fixture for Hopkins type aimers listed above.
|LET Corporation||PLA-12 Headlight Alignment System|
|Lujan USA||Sniper Model 5412
Sniper Model 5412A
Sniper Model 5405
|Snap-On||HE 50 L & HE 50 R|
|Weaver||Photoscope WX45 - 46|