Notice of Public Teleconference and Agenda
BAR Educational Advisory Group Meeting - June 3, 2021
Thursday, June 3, 2021
9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
NOTE: Similar to the provisions of Governor Gavin Newsom’s Executive Order N-29-20, dated March 17, 2020, neither a public location nor teleconference locations are provided.
Teleconference and Public Participation Information
This meeting is accessible to the public by WebEx at the link below. View instructions on how to join the meeting and/or participate in public comment via WebEx.
Educational Advisory Group Members
Phil Fournier, Independent Instructor
Gary Houseman, Smog Check Repair Technician
Craig Johnson, Owner, Craig Johnson Automotive
Mike Morse, Yuba College
Mike Palmer, Owner, Midas Muffler
Ruben Parra, Skyline College
Bud Rice, Owner, Quality Tune-Up
Kevin Rogers, Cosumnes River College
Steve Tomory, Rio Hondo College
- Welcome and Introductions – Mark Isaacs, BAR Hardware Certification and Schools Unit
- Review and Approval of Minutes from December 6, 2019 Meeting – Janelle Calindas, BAR Hardware Certification and Schools Unit
- School/Instructor Regulations Package – Mark Isaacs, BAR Hardware Certification and Schools Unit
- Review of the Most Recent Changes to the School/Instructor Application Forms – Janelle Calindas, BAR Hardware Certification and Schools Unit
- BAR-OIS Schools Setup – Mark Isaacs, BAR Hardware Certification and Schools Unit
- BAR Licensing Examination Updates – Janelle Calindas, BAR Hardware Certification and Schools Unit
- Repair Technician Occupational Analysis – BAR Hardware Certification and Schools Unit
- Recruiting Subject Matter Experts – BAR Hardware Certification and Schools Unit
- Public Comments for Items Not on the Agenda
- Suggestions for Future Agenda Items
Important Notices to the Public
Discussion may be taken on any item on the agenda. The time and order of agenda items are subject to change at the discretion of the advisory group.
This meeting provides the opportunity for the public to address each agenda item during discussion or consideration by the advisory group. Members of the public will be provided appropriate opportunities to comment on any issues before the advisory group, but the advisory group may, at their discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. If public comment is not specifically requested, members of the public should feel free to request an opportunity to comment.
For inquiries concerning this meeting or to request a disability-related accommodation or modification in order to participate in the meeting, contact Janelle Calindas at (916) 403-0151 or Janelle.Calindas@dca.ca.gov. Requests must be submitted at least five business days before the meeting to help ensure availability of the accommodation or modification.